Iris on the Bay is a new residential community located from 25-135 North Shore Drive, in Miami Beach’s North Beach neighborhood. The developers, The Spear Group and Braddock Financial, launched sales with Douglas Elliman in 2014. The private development consists of 43 four-story townhomes, with prices starting at $350 per square foot. The townhomes were offered fully finished, with amenities including private elevators, broad balconies and rooftop terraces.
At the time, there was a lot of competition in the way of new residential construction. According to a Cranespotters.com article dated December 2014, 300 new condo towers were in development in the current real estate cycle. We wanted to breakthrough the clutter and showcase that Iris was distinctive and offered great value. One of the biggest obstacles facing the sales team was selling the neighborhood. Prospective buyers hadn’t heard of Normandy Isle, and were unfamiliar with North Beach. They didn’t know what to make of the area, which was not as polished or celebrated as its neighbor to the south.
- Kicked-off the campaign by producing a media tour of the neighborhood, showcasing key points of interest and organized city officials, business and community leaders to speak on North Beach.
- Five reporters and bloggers attended the tour including Mundo Fox, Daily Business Review, Tropicult and MetroCitizen. We were also successful in generating placements from the aforementioned.
- Produced video of tour with prominent speakers and beautiful backdrops that favorably positioned the neighborhood. Sales team said the video was a great tool for dispelling doubts.
- In our three years of engagement, we stayed creative as did our storylines. Iris was regularly in the news, in outlets like Curbed Miami, The Real Deal, South Florida Business Journal, World Property Channel, 9Fi5th, Ocean Drive Magazine, North Beach News and Aventura Magazine.
- In the spirit of Carl Fischer, who took to the waters to sell Miami Beach, we took to a pontoon boat to promote North Beach. We organized a boat tour for media, prospects and real estate agents. We procured none other than famed historian Dr. Paul George as our emcee, and Debris Free Oceans was included (not only as a benefactor) but to inform attendees of the marine life found in the area.
- Media in attendance included South Florida Executive Magazine, CBS 4 and Bisnow.
- A contract was signed for a unit as a result of the tour.
- Albán Communications was nominated and won the Most Innovative Marketing Award from the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce.